Wednesday 11 January 2012

A visit to my workspace at the LBT

Last week I had the pleasure of being visited by a very enthusiastic photography student from Kirklees College who had asked if she could visit me at my workspace at the Lawrence Batley Theatre. Leanne is very enthusiastic about photography and came armed with questions about my experience as a professional photographer. I shared some insights into how I have created some of my recent pieces along with showing Leanne some of the more sophisticated functions on her camera. It was a real pleasure to meet such an enthusiastic student. Good luck with your course Leanne, and thanks for taking an interest in my work! Keep photographing at every opportunity!

Thanks to Anna Connor for capturing this image ...
Exploring the camera settings on Leanne's Camera

Plus here are two of Leanne's favourite images from my recent work.

"Huddersfield Town" - Limited Edition Giclee Print

"Station Art" - Limited Edition Photographic Print




2 comments:

  1. Yay! Thank you for being so generous with your time. Leanne got soooo much from this visit - really helped her to understand the life of a photographer after art school; what the possibilities are. And to have an expert give her advice on her camera, and general tips, WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really pleased that Leanne got lots out of her visit. It was great to meet her and offer her some encouragement and advice. Leanne is more than welcome to visit me again anytime!!

      Delete